September 16, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

 We found ourselves back home once again. We felt the nip of fall in the air and the boys got grandpa to show them his collection. I see the boyhood joy in my dad when he is able to do this. I made it a point to take a few pictures even though my mom protested. "What are you taking pictures for?" Well, with the scare dad gave us last week my question should surely be answered.
Luckily the ambulance got dad to Idaho Falls fast enough and into surgery. He is healing and hopefully going to be back to his old self soon.
We went up to Fall River, made smores and did silly things. Here's our planking challenge. Who do you think is the better planker?
I walked around the property with my dad and talked. I feel like my old self when I do that. Despite the topic.



The property wasn't secured in a will before my aunt died who shared the property with mom. Along comes her step-sons who decided they want the property even though they have never been to Idaho but if they can get some money out of it they want it ALL. Anyway, its a mess and we are trying to divide the land, yadah, yadah...
A part of me still belongs here, where life is simple and filled with memories. We went to our old ward in Wilford . It was great to see old friends and neighbors. I love being able to pick up where we left off, laughing or crying. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I miss having friends. At least I can go home every now and again to see them. Thank heaven.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Connie! We Idaho girls need to get together, because I miss having friends, too. Message me on Facebook and let me know the best days for you. I am not too busy, but I know you are!