October 21, 2012

Fall Hike/Walk

I've been wanting to take a hike in the Draper mountainside for some time now. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted since there were about 10 trails to choose from and we didn't know which one would get us up to a high point to overlook the valley. We need a trail guide.
The trail we chose ended up going down... but there were some pretty areas with fall colors to enjoy.

A bridge over a dried creek.
 I love this picture of the boys, even though it wasn't really spontaneous. I was trying to get this shot because it reminds me of a picture of them when they were younger at Henry's Lake during potato harvest a long time ago.
I've never seen this on sage brush... little cotton blossom things.
We will have to try our adventure of hiking on another day with more knowledge of the area. The fall break went by so fast it makes me angry... so many ideas, so many plans and never enough time or money. Something is definitely wrong that. I shouldn't have to worry about laundry and keeping the house clean... my kids are getting older and bigger and the time is just flying. Yes, we are in the autumn of their live with us. It's almost gone... we have lost two of them already to adulthood. Yikes. 

Here's to making time stand still... even if it is on one Saturday this month. :)

The leaf looks like my nose. Ha. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Pretty! Andrew and I will have to take a walk up there.

Unknown said...

Lovely weather, lovely hike! Good on you for going!!

And I LOVE the nose! It's a great look! What kind of art project can you make around that?