December 23, 2012

Anxiously waiting...

Here's the family just last Christmas, since then a lot has happened to take six down to four and the numbers seem so few. My heart is stretched half way around the world with Braden in Germany, and T'Jae in Oakland, CA.

I start to cry easily thinking about how much I love them. Each one of them possesses a special part of my heart.

The saying "Hearts come home for Christmas" is true. Christmas is family. 

We had to unexpectedly go to Rexburg this weekend. At first I was ticked because I have so much to accomplish before the big day and our trip to California, but my heart was softened to see my big sister and mom and dad for an afternoon. It actually made my holiday fuller and filled my heart with that much needed Christmas spirit.

Now I anxiously await word from my missionary boy who is to call or skype us. Then we will meet up with T'Jae in California. I can't wait. It's been to long since I've seen my boys!

It's seems like only yesterday and so long ago at the same time that my boys were this big. Christmas was fun and easy. The magic and wonder of the season was palatable. How time flies. Riley wasn't even a thought at this point in time. Luckily he surprised us a couple years later and still has the spirit of Christmas bubbling from his soul.

Tonight we are off to a family Christmas party at Janets. I'll try to get my camera out and take pictures but there is no guarantees. ;)

Merry Christmas. I hope you all get a taste of home where you're loved unconditionally.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love that picture of your boys! So cute. Have a wonderful time in California!

Unknown said...

I know you'll enjoy the time you get with T'Jae and WARM WEATHER in California! I'm jealous!

I agree with you, Christmas IS family! I hope your visit with braden was wonderful. Is that the last Christmas Skype for a few years?