January 7, 2013

Bye, Bye Holiday :(

Wow, where did that holiday go?
It came and went so fast it almost seems like a dream.
 The Sunday before Christmas we went to Janet's house for a little Thorkelson family get together. We had a white elephant gift exchange, ate pie and laughed as usual. Its hard to get the camera out when you want to just play, so there's one picture.
Christmas eve was blustery. The snow was coming down as we made our last minute errands. I've never been out on the eve of Christmas. It's insane!
The boys opened their pj's from granny, loved them and settled in for a cold winters nap.

Christmas morning THIS was my favorite moment. Being able to talk to my missionary boy. It was so nice of a family in his ward in Germany to let him skype us. I guess the best thing about it is knowing he'll be home shortly after our next Christmas phone call. Ah! It seems like he's been gone forever.

That is where my camera took a break and I didn't get pictures the rest of the holiday. Ugh. I just can't focus enough to get the job done. I took some pictures on my phone...

We went to St. George Christmas day and stayed with Rees and family over night then finished our drive down to California Wednesday. There we met up with Gregg's family at his dad's.

Thursday we decided to do something different than we'd done before. We went to Venice beach with all Gregg's sisters. We got our fill of freaks. Hahaha. Then we went to the Hollywood walk of fame where we met up with T'Jae and Eldon.

Friday we went to Knott's. It was a nice day weather wise, but very cool night. There were lots of people which caused pretty long waits on the rides (that I didn't go on). The holiday decorations were fun. (pictures on my phone)
Saturday was a cold rainy day, the perfect day for a movie. I went with Teej and Eldon to Les Miserables (epic) and Shawn and Riley went to The Hobbit. Gregg met up with some old high school friends for the afternoon.

Sunday came quickly and it was time to head for home.

The new year came and went. We had to get back work. Blah. I was back to work on January 2.

It was a nice get a way, though it wasn't at all warm in Cali this time around. The trip went well and everyone made it home safely. I'm grateful for the bits and pieces of family that we got to see and be with. A little here and a little there is better than nothing at all.





2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the picture of all of you in front of the ferris wheel! I'm totally jealous that you went to Knott's Berry Farm. I've never been.

Unknown said...

And here I was, all jealous cuz you were basking in the sun and warmth of the California beaches! Actually, I'm disappointed it wasn't warmer for you!

BUT family time is what it's about! I'm glad T'Jae and Eldon could come and spend time with the rest of you! Bradon looked AWESOME! His mission is certainly agreeing with him! (happiness)

I hope 2013 finally turns out to be THE YEAR OF PEACE AND CONTENTMENT, Wouldn't that be nice?