March 17, 2013

Memories... *sigh*

I was looking for something, sheet protectors, paper, who knows what, when I came across this drawing in an old sketchbook. G. Bjorn caught one of my favorite moments, being a mom. I didn't even know he had drawn it.

Lately, I've seen pictures posted on instagram of my nieces sweet sleeping baby, and my friend who just became a grandma took a picture of her daughter, the new mom, with her baby sleeping on her chest. It brings back such sweet memories.

Oh how I loved the sweet hugs and kisses. Napping with a baby on my chest was the best. I could kiss the top of their heads and smell there sweet smell, whether it be the smell of a new baby or the smell of a boy who had been playing outside. I loved being there when they got home from school, watching the bus come down the road and drop them off in front of the house.

I was lucky to be a stay at home mom while my kids where young. I LOVED being a mom to those little guys. I was festive, I did creative things for the holidays and birthdays. I don't know if they even cared about the things I did, but I loved doing it.

I loved making a home, cleaning, painting and decorating. I miss those days, but I am grateful for the memories.

It seems like that was so long ago. My life is so different now. Look at those little faces captured in a sketchbook.

Braden was good at avoiding a camera or a pencil. :( Sadly, he is not represented here. But he occupies a space in my heart. That's why the heart has 4 chambers, one for each of my boys. I couldn't live without any of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are one great mama! And one day, you'll be a wonderful grandma. And can I tell you, that it's simply amazing! You can still sleep with them on your chest and smell them and love them, and when they fuss and cry and smell not-so-sweet anymore, YOU CAN HAND THEM BACK!!

However, having said that, I love the sketches. Those are truly priceless. What a treasure.