Sorry to leave you hanging. No, I'm not pregnant.
The life changing news is not something I ever imagined to be announcing.
My son T'Jae is engaged! When California allows gay marriages I will have a son-in-law. I wanted a nice picture of the two but I don't have one yet. This one is a little distorted but taken at the beach on the day they decided to commit their lives to one another.
I love these guys.
Last weekend was AWESOME! I was able to attend "Art in the Sun" a Utah Art Educators conference. It was in St. George and it was lovely.
I was able to be a student instead of a teacher. My goal was to find ideas for my sculpture class next year and I was able to glean information to do that, which made me very happy.
I love the hands on classes where you're able to actually make something. I learned how to make these decorative spheres. I'm actually going to make some for an art show, to sell, or at least try.
I was able to get other lessons that I will use in class. Great ideas that I will be trying soon. That's the funny thing about being an art teacher, there's is always something new I want to try and new lessons I want to share. I suppose it would be easier on me to settle for the same old things, but that's boring.
This is a MUST GO TO every year. I think I will try to make a habit of it. Our school paid for us to go this year and it was well worth the time spent.
Riley came with me and he love every minute being able to play with his cousins. They make games out of the craziest things. In this picture they were trying to catch a remote helicopter that Riley was controlling. It was essentially "keep away". They also played a very long game of Monopoly. We are lucky to have family that lives there and lets us stay with them. Especially when we need a taste of spring.
Northern Utah got hit with a snow storm while we were there. I'm so glad to have missed it. :) I'm pretty much done with the cold weather. The road home wasn't bad but there was signs of snow as we made our way. Blah.
I felt the pains of being gone when I returned. Long work days to catch up, correct papers and get organized for parent teacher conferences. It was fun to come home to projects like this to talk to parents about. Kids are so creative. : / Hahaha. (For those who don't know, these have been made to smoke weed. They are pipes.)

5 comments:
In all seriousness, I wondered if that was it! Congratulations Connie! Good luck as you all venture into this unknown territory. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get to be a mother-in-law? And how much will you be selling your spheres for? I want to start saving my money for some.
I love the spheres you made! You're so talented. :)
Connie, contratulations on gaining a son-in-law. I love your openess and your unconditional love for your son.
do you have a weed habit?!
First of all: Congrats! It's fun welcoming a new member into the family! And this is a family member that has actually been chosen, that makes it even more special!
Second of all: You know I love seeing your work. You amaze me with all the talent you have. I wish you'd share a little with me? Come on... you have enough!
And thirdly: Middle schoolers know all about smoking weed and using pipes? Blows my mind... and apparently theirs too! Curiosity makes me ask: what grade did they get?
Post a Comment