August 12, 2013

Summer in Idaho

A couple weeks ago we went to Idaho to get one last hoorah out of summer. It was spent helping my parents out with some much needed tasks, but well worth it. G. Bjorn helped my dad put up a new shed in the back yard. I weeded flower beds that needed some TLC. I love yard work, and didn't realize how much I have missed it.

We painted the little log bathhouse, as we call it, up in Chester.
 We took our old dog PepperAnn with us so she could swim her little heart out in the water. She was thrilled beyond measure. It made me happy to see her happy. The only catch was, she hasn't played like that in years and I had to lift her into the truck to get her home. Poor thing. Getting old stinks.

It was the Blanchard reunion weekend. A cousin talked us into floating warm river on Friday. I wish I had pictures, but cameras and water don't go together. At least mine doesn't. :( It was wonderful! I love that float. G. Bjorn took his fishing pole and fished along the way, catching and releasing 4. There was a dozen of us cousin that enjoyed the afternoon together.

Sometime during all the activities the boys caught a couple nice fish.

Reunion time came and went. The Blanchards do know how to cook and they do know how to play in the river. The boys even jumped off the bridge this year.
Yes, G. Bjorn wore his swimsuit the whole trip apparently, the camera doesn't lie.  There was a lot of time spent in the water, but...not that much. Hahaha.

I hate to admit it but it was also my 30 year class reunion. No camera again. My face hurt from smiling and laughing with my friends. I'd say "old" friends but that's a given.

I LOVED our time away. It actually felt like a vacation. Some may not think painting, weeding and picking beans (I canned some dilly beans at my sisters) could be a vacation but it was for me. It was a great mix of work and play.

I forgot, until I went through the camera.
BEFORE IDAHO: We got to spend the afternoon with Kim, Tyler's wife and the kids. They came out from S. Carolina. We took them up to our little reservoir here in Herriman. Look at the cute little cousins playing together. I just love them great-nieces and nephews.


See!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been part of one of the reunions! Boo! But I'm glad you had so much fun reconnecting with everyone! Looks like a good time was had with all... and G. Bjorn's swimming trunks got home all by themselves?

Lindsay said...

Fun update! I'm so glad you got to float the river and spend time with family.

Also, I can't believe it was your 30th high school reunion! You definitely don't look old enough to be out of high school for 30 years. Glad it was a good time. :)