September 15, 2013

Look who's 17!

 This kid!
I thought for sure I could keep this one young and he wouldn't grow up on me. But, it didn't work out that way. He keeps having birthday's, SEVENTEEN to be exact.

He was such an exuberant child. Everything was exciting, life was such a thrill to him. It was as if everything was turned up to "high" almost "overload" with this kid. He loved and lived to the extreme. He was loud, he was happy and he was...difficult.

Everything evens out in the end, and he has become a fine young man. He has always been in touch with the spirit and has helped us all to be better people. He is a good example and talented at everything he tries from wrestling to playing the trombone, it's almost freakish, in a good way. He is musical, he taught himself to play the guitar. He is smart, athletic, artistic, charming and it seems there's nothing he can't do. He is helpful, sensitive and loving. He attracts great friends and is always mindful of surrounding himself with the positive. I've never met anyone quite like this kid.
 
I wasn't able to keep him little, and I can't believe he has grown up so quickly. Happy Birthday, Shawn. I sure love you, and I'm grateful that you are a part of our family.  xoxoxo

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awww. Happy birthday, Shawn! Can't believe he's already 17. That's crazy!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your 17 year old. That means ANOTHER missionary in a few years! Gah!