October 27, 2013

New Addition

Gomer having some family time.

Gomer likes to climb up your shoulder and down your back.
Riley thinks that since he has been able to keep a tank full of fish alive for the past year that he needed something furry and hug-able.

I am not a fan of any type of rodent like rat, hamster or gerbils. I've been in homes with Guinna pigs and they are smelly. What to do, what to do...?

Riley started to look at pictures of rabbits. Hmm? I had a rabbit as a kid. I can't remember it much, just that my dog killed it and it was out under the clothes line when I came home from school. I guess mom wasn't going to handle a dead animal. I was fascinated with death as a child and I remember that it's eyes were open and drying out in the sun. Lovely memory.

Over fall break we went up to Idaho and Grandpa Seeley was more that willing (obsessed) to help build a rabbit pen. We came home ready to be owners of a select critter. Riley had to wait a couple days and it about killed him, but he made it to Monday when we went to get one.

He is a Netherlands Dwarf and wont get bigger than 3lbs. He has been fun to have. He is curious and oh so soft to pet. I forgot that they can get frisky and buck around when they play. He goes pee-pee in a litter box which is adorable, who knew? He is quiet, of course and spends most of his time in his pen but we let him out to play and entertain us.

That's the new addition at our house.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awww. I've loved seeing the videos of him on Instagram! :)

little pink moth said...

Love him.

Unknown said...

I love the name as much as I love the bunny! So cute! Don't tell Adam you got one! He'll want one too!