November 9, 2013

Spirit Week

This week was spirit week at school. I usually don't remember such things. I could handle Throw back Thursday and go 80's since the bright colors are back. The leg warmers I had to create but that is it. I couldn't get my hair big but I did get it to the 90's with a ratted bump in the back. Funny thing... a couple of girls said that I should wear my hair like that all the time. Another kid said "who are you suppose to be"? I said, "ME".

The best part was listening to 80's music on Pandora most of the day in class. I could sing along without a problem. It makes me wonder how many lyrics I have tucked away in my brain?

Oh how I loved growing up when I did. I loved being a kid in the 70's and I loved being a teenager in the 80's. Our country was on an up-swing,we were patriotic and proud. Gas was cheap. Living in a small town I felt safe and knew everyone in my graduating class. Friends, driving, dancing and ballgames were the end all beat all. I don't remember anything academic... my grades probably reflected that, sadly. The only thing I would change is being more confident and brave enough to try new things. I would have loved to be in school plays. Oh well. I got the best of the rest.

Memories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember growing up thinking that my parents were lucky to have lived in the "good ole days..." the 50's. Life was so simple and easy. Now, I look back on my growing up in the 70s and 80's and I think the same thing. I feel bad for our kids. Really bad!

Love the bright clothes and the hairdo. Please remember, you live in Utah now. That bump thing is still in style!

Lindsay said...

I kind of wish I'd been a teen in the '80s. They have the greatest music and clothes — and my mom seemed to really enjoy high school in Rexburg, too. They really were kind of the glory days. :)