December 26, 2016

Lesson Learned

I am reading the New Testament. It's funny how I just read it, yet I learn new things every time or something new stands out. 
I was listening to Matthew 13:14-17 and its talking about how Jesus speaks to the people in parables. They were asking him why. Basically, you can hear and not understand, and see but not perceive. But...he says at any time people can see and be converted. AT ANY TIME.

17- "...many prophets and righteous men have desire to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard"

Our leaders sometimes don't see things clearly. It can happen.

As I read this it just made me realize that we are all fallible. We all do our best, we all learn at our own pace and as we desire. We are all children of God, period. He is in charge and made it possible for us to use faith in learning without pushing us. Parables are genius. They become teaching tools without offending, or preaching... they just cause thought and then we internalize them and learn something from them if we want. Genius.

Then Matthew 18: 18-20 I listened to this and was comforted in the fact that we will be a family forever, for what is bound on earth is bound in heaven. 

In verse 20- For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
I read that and thought... hopefully Riley and I are able to bring the spirit into our home... even if it's just the two of us...ish. (Riley struggles.) Such good verses that give much comfort. That is what the Savior does, brings us hope and comfort. 

I realize that in the last few years I have held a lot of anger and frustration because of our situation. I realize how I have kept the spirit away and I have had to really worked on being more grateful and accepting... that I can't control or influence others, I just have to control myself. If I do that, I am happy. I just have to let everything else go and do MY best. It's been a revelation, to love others...period. And, do ME...go to church, go to the temple, read the scriptures, pray, and let God keep his promises that my children will return back to what they were taught and accept God one day. *sigh* That's all I can do.

I was a sheltered girl that thought if I did my part, and did all the right things nothing would go wrong. HA! Little did I know that other peoples agency would come into play and change my perfect Mormon life. Hello? But... did I learn from it? Yes. I have learned a ton and I think the best part is having a reason to convert myself and get to know my Savior and to rely on the atonement. Then I learned how important it is to love others and not judge. I don't know if my perfect Mormon life would have taught me any of that. Darn it.

No comments: