April 23, 2008

RANT

This is my own personal space. I don't think anyone actually reads it therefore the five-minutes I give myself can become my own personal RANT. A gals got a right to these moments.
My selfish time, my pity party on a page.
Is it just me? Or am I the only person riddled with guilt when I say "no" to someone. It just kills me! I go over and over it in my mind. Could I have done it? Could I have worked it into my schedule even though it would have been a burden? But...if I say "yes" and I go about the task with a bad attitude, grumbling along the way is that really the best means to an end? I am conscience of the perky ears of my children. Not just ears, but eyes that watch me. It doesn't do them any good to watch me serve with a bad attitude. As a matter of fact, thinking about it, that could be worse than not serving at all, serving with my teeth grit, and a fake smile on my face.
It doesn't spare me the guilt at all, it just reaffirms that I need to let things go.
Life is short.
Do I want to spend this very moment in regret and guilt? It definitely isn't worth it, I can tell you that much. This is more than my rant this is cheap therapy. I may be able to make it through the day now. I will live another day. Another day to tell somebody...NO. Yeah baby!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(I read your blog... all the time!)

Mormon women have a very hard time with the word 'no'. I have no advice to give. Sorry. But if you figure this out, let me know.