http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus (title, Everthing is so amazing, nobodies happy) Go to this link, it's protected for some reason and can't be used on blogs.
My niece had this posted on her facebook and I have been thinking about it ever since. We ARE the biggest whining bunch of babies ever. I'm not the only one who has had an ungrateful, deserving attitude as well as witnessed it on a daily basis.
Examples; being impatient with the computer speed, getting angry when people don't have an answering machine, complaining about the car you drive, the red light that stops you when your in a hurry. The bank closing at 5:00 pm, the line at the store... the list can go on and on. I am glad to be reminded of how silly and worthless this attitude is.
It made me think... what could I live without? Now, we don't have a ton of extra's mind you, but we are blessed with the things we do have.
And, I could do without;
I've sifted through lots of "do with outs" in my brain and its amazing to count my blessings and whittle the list down to the essentials. Because then you have the list of "can't live with outs", and for me they are; Faith and family. Pretty small list, and most of you probably agree with me.
Okay, throw in hot water, a washing machine (not even the dryer) and a roof over my head and one meal a day and I could gett'r done.
I am blessed to live at this time. To witness technological advancements every year in amazement. I don't want to be numbered with those whining when there is more to be grateful for than we usually stop to think about.
- Automatic garage door opener. I love them! I remember having to get out and open the garage when I was a kid.
- A dishwasher. Yes, those dishes could be done by hand. I am grateful for my dishwasher.
- Three cars. The boys wouldn't die taking the bus... it's a FACT. If I didn't have one I'd have to stay home. SWEET!
- Television. Fewer channels is a good start yet, really not necessary sadly.
- Microwave. Been there done that. Anyone remember how wonderful it was to makes smores anytime you wanted?
- Cell phones. They are handy, but we did survive without them at one time.
- Family vacations. Hmm? We could get creative I suppose.
- Fast Food. Our family didn't eat out much when I was a kid... no Happy Meals with a toy.
- Computers. It is possible to actually sit down and hand-write a letter, and play solitaire with cards. Goodbye to blogging, emails, facebook, storing photos and... maybe I've gone to far.
I've sifted through lots of "do with outs" in my brain and its amazing to count my blessings and whittle the list down to the essentials. Because then you have the list of "can't live with outs", and for me they are; Faith and family. Pretty small list, and most of you probably agree with me.
Okay, throw in hot water, a washing machine (not even the dryer) and a roof over my head and one meal a day and I could gett'r done.
I am blessed to live at this time. To witness technological advancements every year in amazement. I don't want to be numbered with those whining when there is more to be grateful for than we usually stop to think about.
Count your blessing, what's on your list(s)?
Simple Pleasures: Scented Candles. I love being able to disguise the smell of my house. Are you baking? No, it's the candle. You've got to love that. They've yet to make the scent of fresh bread though. Oops, there I go whining.
1 comment:
You crack me up Connie. I really enjoy reading your blog. . .very creative, very observant of the things we often take for granted in our daily lives. You give excitement to the mundane, animation to the bland and you infuse interest and appreciation in the everyday things of life. . .yours and ours. Thanks
Post a Comment