June 7, 2009

Thank You


I was thinking of thanking you
 as you can see,
I wanted to thank you
for thinking of me.
But now that I've thanked you,
I guess I am free...
Of thinking of thanking you
thinking of me.

author Unknown

  Friday was my last day working at Parker-Egin Elementary. It's been one of my favorite jobs. Great people to work with, cute, crazy kids. Being able to take my own kids to school and participate in their classes has been great. 
  Most of the students didn't know that I wasn't going to be back next year. When they announced it at the assembly there was an audible gasp from the students. Then a bunch of hugs that followed. One kid asked why I was leaving and I told him I was going back to school, to which he said, "That's a good idea, then you can learn to relate to us students." Silly kid. A girl that I work with, and that gives me a hard time came up to me with a big hug saying, "I'm going to miss you Mrs. Thorkelson". Well, obviously I wasn't dry eyed very long. Then just when I thought I had it together, the teachers decided to give me hugs and say their good byes. Oiy! Great people and I love them.
  That's why I just had to say "Thank You". 

Simple Pleasure: Examples, whether good or bad there's value in them.


1 comment:

Kim Hutchens said...

I didn't hear. Did you get the job in Rexburg then? I'm sure you will be greatly missed at Parker!