August 18, 2009

Warm River

Another day in paradise. It wasn't a super sunny day but it turned out just dandy. 
As we drive around our area we pass many tourists coming HERE to visit from miles away. Often we don't take the time to enjoy what is in our own backyard. Today, we did! We floated Warm River, which by the way, is very cold.
We made a stop along the way to take a picture and it turned out fantastic, I think. The boys wanted to go beyond the rocks to explore but I didn't want them to find any snakes. Call me crazy, that's just the way I roll. Ewe.
For some reason I ended up towing these two barnacles towards the end of the trip. I can feel it already since I'm out of shape.

I was excited to have Brade along. He has missed out on the fun since he is growing up, has a job and friends with better offers. (As if!) He provided us with much entertainment. He went overboard twice! Ha ha
Thanks to kind friends willing to share their kayaks we had a fun mini vacation. 

Simple Pleasure: Discovering joy in your surroundings.

3 comments:

Robin Grant said...

Can't wait for you to get some kayaks. Then we can have big parties on the river. The more the merrier!

terra said...

that sounds like so much fun. But were is Greg? Too busy being an artist? Or is this just MOM time?

Valerie said...

You are having so much fun these last days before school starts!! We've never floated warm (a-hem) river before. You'll have to tell me where you put in and how far you go.
What are you doing next?