February 5, 2012

Two Down, Two to Go

Today was a great day. First of all, it is always great to have my whole family together. There's just something cozy and right about it. T'Jae was here because he needed to go to the dentist, and also for the second reason it was a great day... We got to go with Braden to the temple. Braden was able to take out his own endowments before his mission (which is coming fast). We were able to get a little group together for him at the Oquirrh Mt. Temple. What a beautiful temple.
The third reason why it was a great day, when we got out of the temple we had good news that there is a new addition to our family. Kaydelyn (my niece) and Casey where able to take their new baby home after a crazy adoption scare and a long week waiting for the okay. We are so excited to have a baby in the family once again. It has been a long time. It's a boy, 9 lbs and his name is Ryan. I can't wait to meet him in a couple months.
The overall theme of the day was family. Even if we didn't get them all in the picture... it was cold and grandma and grandpa went to the car. Jared and Maryann came and so did Brenda and Ron. Brenda took the picture since she is short and could get close enough to the ground to get Moroni in the shot. HA.
It's exciting to think that I have two of my four boys endowed at this point. They are such good good boys. I love them to pieces. I am so proud of them and the choices they have made. It definitely tears at the heart strings to have them go their own way and leave home. But, there's no place I'd rather them be at this point in their lives. One at BYUI as a return missionary, and the other on his way to Berlin, Germany on a mission to testify of Christ. WoW.
Now there's only two more left at home.  When did that happen? Seems like overnight.


My two boys that have made it to the temple. :)



Simple Pleasure: The ever changing facets of family.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! I can't believe Braden is that old already. That means that I am getting old, too. Yikes.

Rochelle said...

Congratulations! It is so awesome to be in the Temple with your children! That Temple is the one our son Brock was sealed in. It is a very pretty Temple.

Valerie said...

Tears flowing....

Congrats, Connie. It was (as they say) a true 'Mommy Moment'. It makes it all worth it, when you look across the Celestial Room and see them there. *sigh*

I'm very happy for you, Gregg and Braden!

Robin Grant said...

Wow! and wonderful. Time goes by so quickly.