June 17, 2012

Busy Weekend

This weekend was busy, busy.
Shawn has been gone to EFY in St. George. I didn't think I would get him back but G. Bjorn needed him for baseball. It has been tournament week and the team has struggled without him. Friday, after a baseball game (at 8 pm) G. Bjorn went to St. George to get his boy for the Saturday game. They didn't get home until 4 am and had a game at 8:30 am. Crazy. What we do for baseball.
Unfortunately I only got to see one inning of the game, but I was anticipating1 or possibly 2 games later in the afternoon.
I went to my great-nephew Kayden's baptism. He is the son of Cheniel, who is the daughter of my sister Brenda.
Kayden and Cheniel
After the baptism I went to find out what happened with the baseball game and if there was going to be more games. No more games! They lost. I guess they had a horrible game, a pitcher that was a no-show, another pitcher that was mental and an angry ump. Oh well. Needless to say there were no more games. They took 1st place for the season and 3rd place in the tournament. We went back after the final games and pictured here are the boys that showed up for their trophy. After all was said and done Shawn asked if he could go back to St. George. I knew it... he'd have stayed if we didn't go get him.
Some of the Cubs.

Riley getting his trophy from dad.

Shawn getting his trophy from dad... but not quite sure what he's looking at.

Then, off we went to see my great-niece Lily get baptized. She is the daughter of Tyler who is the son of my sister Brenda.

Tyler and Lily with Max
After her baptism we had to go to Thanksgiving Point to pick up G. Bjorn's paintings from the art show that has been there for a month. He got second place with his one painting. Don't you wish I had a picture? I can't remember the name of it either but it's back on my wall where it belongs thank you. I'm to lazy to take a picture, especially with my lame camera.

That's one way to spend a day.

Oh, I almost forgot... Riley got his braces on this week. Check him out. He has enormous teeth that will soon look fabulous with those long eyelashes. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait! I thought life was supposed to calm down when school got out!! You're entirely too busy! Keep a leash on your son. You may wake up and find him on his way back to St.G one day!

Tim Mcgraw said...

love your blog thanks

Only One Road